Camper Checklist and Schedule
- Health packet and waiver on first day. Health forms must be filled out for the Department of Campus Recreation summer camps, even if you have filled out the health forms for another USA camp.
- All campers should come dressed in his/her swimsuit with a change of clothing in a small drawstring backpack. No large bags/backpacks are allowed. Bring shorts, shirt, underwear, socks, and athletic shoes. Children may not wear flip-flops or slides anywhere in the Student Recreation Center beyond the pool. Socks are required for the climbing wall.
- Two snacks and an inexpensive reusable water bottle.
- Hat and sunglasses (if desired).
- Non-aerosol sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please label EVERYTHING.
- No electronics: leave phones, tablets, smart watches, activity trackers, games, and any other form of electronics at home.
|8:45-9:30am||Clothes change/snack/free play on back deck|
|11:00-11:15am||Walk to Fresh Food Company|
|12:00-12:15pm||Walk to Student Recreation Center|
|12:15-12:50pm||Rest & relax
Board games, art, movies, and trivia
|12:50-1:40pm||Rock Wall/Ping-Pong (Groups 3-4)
Theme activities or free play (Groups 1-2)
|1:40-2:30pm||Rock Wall/Ping-Pong (Groups 1-2)
Theme activities or free play (Groups 3-4)
|2:30-2:40pm||Walk to classroom/lobby|
|2:40-3:00pm||Snack and Sign-Out (Lobby)|
|Hiking, scavenger hunts, nature arts & crafts, compass use, kayak/canoe instruction, and learning about local plants and wildlife.|
|Basketball, racquetball, soccer, volleyball, badminton, ping-pong, lacrosse, field hockey, kickball, and camper-counselor dodgeball!|
Party at USA
|Tie dye, face painting, crafts, red/white/blue days and activities with other USA departments. We will celebrate both the University of South Alabama and the United States of America!|
Wild Water Week
|Extended pool time each day, slip-n-slide, water balloon games|
Explore the World
|Learn about crafts, sports, games and food from other countries.|
Best of Summer
|The most popular theme activities from each of the previous weeks will be chosen. Children will swim and climb the rock wall every day.|
*Activities are sample only for each theme. Other activities may be held based on the availability of supplies, time or staff.