Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services
The Department of EMS Education offers the Bachelor's of Science degree in Emergency
Medical Services (EMS) for students interested in a career in pre-hospital medicine
and EMS management. As the field of EMS continues to grow and change, leaders and
educators with a background in emergency medicine are needed to help shape the future
of pre-hospital medicine and healthcare. This program is designed to prepare students
for the clinical and administrative challenges of a career in Emergency Medical Services
and healthcare in the 21st century.
- Students must have completed ALL general education requirements prior to applying for admission.
- Submission of a completed application by the semester deadline. Application must include a $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Successful completion of a state-approved (meeting DOT guidelines) or nationally accredited paramedic education program.
- Evidence of either a current paramedic license (in USA) or national registry certification (in good standing).
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in all pre-requisite courses and a minimum University GPA of 2.0.
- Drug test and background check required. Admission contingent upon a negative drug screen and satisfactory background check.
Click for Application for Admission.