Preparing for Your Appointment
Once you have scheduled an advising appointment, you will need to prepare for your appointment. Before your first advising appointment...
- Review your Degree Audit
- If you would like to explore your other major options, take the Focus2 and review our Major Guides
- Create a list of questions that you have for your advisor:
- Am I on-track to graduate within 4 years?
- What academic resources are available?
- Do I need to select a minor?
- What courses are mandatory for my major?
4. Prepare to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment
During your advising appointment, you will be able to...
- Introduce yourself and share your story
- Share any concerns or questions you have
- Discuss your skills and goals
- Review curriculum requirements
- Create an academic plan