Schedule an Appointment
Navigate South is an easy way to schedule an advising appointment with many advisors on campus and to review information from advising appointments such as degree plans. You can also schedule an advising appointment in person or over the phone.
How to Log into Navigate South
- Log in to PAWS, and go to the Student Services & Financial Aid tab. Then click on
the Student Records link.
- Near the bottom of the list, you will see a link for Navigate South. Click that link,
and it will take you to the Navigate South system.
- You will need to log into Navigate South using the single sign on system. Your J-Number as the Username. The password should be the same as your JagMail/JagNet password. This page can be saved in your web browser under favorites.
To Find Your Primary Advisor in Navigate South
- Log into Navigate South.
- On the Student home page, click the Send a Message tab
- Your primary academic advisor will be listed as the first name with the designated Advisor, Relationship.
- If you would like to send your advisor an email, you can click on the open box next to their name. Then click Actions. Then click Send Message.
- An email message window will pop up.
- When you complete your message and the subject line, scroll down and click the Send Message button.
- The message will include your last and first names as well as your JagMail address in the header. As a general rule, you should also include your Jag Number either in the body of the email or at the end of the email. This will ensure you are identified correctly and provided with the information specific and relevant to you.
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment
- Log in to PAWS, and go to the Student Services and Financial Aid tab. Then click
on the Student Records link. Near the bottom of the list under Degree Evaluation,
you will see a link for Navigate South. Click that link, and it will take you to
the Navigate South system.
- You will need to log into Navigate South using the single sign on system. Your J-Number as the Username. The password should be the same as your JagMail/JagNet password.
- On your home page, you will see a button on the right-hand side that says Schedule
an Advising Appointment. Click this button.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to select a reason for your advising appointment.
Then click the Next button.
- Select the location for your advising appointment from the drop down menu. Next select
an advisor. Your assigned advisor will be at the top of the list.
- Once you click Next, you will see a grid with that advisor’s available appointments. If you don’t see any appointment times click the Next Week arrow.
- Click on the box for the morning or afternoon of the day you are interested in to see available times. You can use the arrows to move to the next week.
- Once you see the available appointment times, click on the one you want to schedule
and click Next.
- The details of your appointment will appear on the screen as shown below.
- If you would like to receive an email reminder, be sure to click that button. This email will go to your JagMail address the day before your scheduled appointment.
- If you would like to receive a text reminder click on that button as well. You will receive a text reminder 2 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- If your cell phone number is not in the system, you will be prompted to enter it.
If it is in the system, you will be prompted to confirm it. Please enter the phone
number with the area code using dashes (e.g., (251) 341-4017). We recommend you choose
a least one reminder type before saving your appointment.
- Once you have entered this information and confirmed that the date and time of the appointment is correct, click Confirm Appointment to schedule the appointment.
How to View your Appointment Reports in Navigate South
- Log in to Navigate South
- On your Student home page, you will see four tabs listed at the top of the page:
- Click on the Reports tab to view any Progress Report, Advisor Reports and Notes.
- To view the details of the appointment report, click “View Report.” This will give you a pop up window with the appointment details and summary.
- Under the Appointment Summary section, you can see any documents that were attached
to this report such as Academic Plans or other paperwork that was completed during
- Simply click on the file name to download the file to your computer. Please note that some types of documents may not fully download on phone/tablet operating systems.