PASSAGE USA Admissions
Students may be eligible to apply if they:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 28
- Have been diagnosed with an intellectual disability (ID)
- Have functional communication, reading, and math skills
- Are able to function independently without one-on-one assistance
- Are not receiving special education and related services from the public schools
- Are motivated to continue education and further develop employment and independent living skills
- Have a smartphone and use it for calls, texts, and email.
For full eligibility requirements or to receive an application please contact PASSAGEUSA@southalabama.edu.
Documentation of Intellectual Disability from the HEOA Regulations
The institution must obtain a record from a local educational agency that the student is or was eligible for special education and related services under the IDEA.
If that record does not identify the student as having an intellectual disability,
as described in paragraph of the definition of a student with an intellectual disability
in § 668.231, the institution must also obtain
documentation establishing that the student has an intellectual disability, such as—
- A documented comprehensive and individualized psycho-educational evaluation and diagnosis
intellectual disability by a psychologist or other qualified professional; or
- A record of the disability from a local or State educational agency, or government
agency, such as the
Social Security Administration or a vocational rehabilitation agency, that identifies the intellectual disability.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1845–NEW4)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1091)
2023-2024 IN-STATE AND OUT-OF-STATE FEES PER SEMESTER
|ID Fee (after enrolled)||$10.00||$10.00|
|Orientation Fee (after enrolled)||$100.00||$100.00|
* The University reserves the right to change fees, as deemed necessary by the Board of Trustees, without prior notice.
Costs do not include books, materials, or other course required expenses for a college student.
This project is funded by gran