Postsecondary Education Preview Overnight Summer Camp
PEP Summer Camp offers a 2-night, 3-day camp for high school students with intellectual disabilities and a second camp for young adults interested in exploring a postsecondary education experience.
2024 Summer Camp Dates
Summer Camp Dates will be posted in February 2024 - check back then!
Cost is TBD.
- Diagnosed with an intellectual disability.
- Has the ability to communicate wants, needs, and answer simple questions.
- Manages personal self-care needs independently (dressing, eating, toileting).
- Has the ability to adapt to the group routine of camp, follow instructions, and remain with the group/counselors. PEP Camp does NOT provide 1:1 mentors for campers.
- Has the ability to maintain appropriate behavior towards others and self.
- Has the ability to use a cell phone for calls, texts, and emails.
- Has the ability to write personal information (or keyboard), read simple directions, identify numbers, use a calculator, and identify money.
- Has the ability to take personal prescription medication independently.
- Has the ability to participate fully in camp activities without foreseeable likelihood for injury or medical complications.
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that requires specialized medical treatment. NO medical personnel will be available during the camp.
- Has the ability to be picked up by a parent/guardian within an hour in the event the camper becomes ill, refuses to comply with safety rules or instructions from camp counselors, or is otherwise deemed unable to continue camp in the discretion of USA.
This project is funded by grants from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Post- Secondary Education Grant # P407A150076 and P407A200064.