How Can I Tell If I Have A Problem
The following questions can be helpful for identifying common signs of a substance use problem:
- Are you ever preoccupied with thoughts of drinking or using drugs?
- Is your drinking or drug use difficult to control once you have started?
- Are you uncomfortable in social situations without drinking or using?
- Do you believe that you need to drink or use drugs to have fun?
- Do you drink or use drugs alone?
- Do you use alcohol or drugs to relieve stress or to cope with emotions, such as anxiety or depression?
- Has drinking or drug use caused problems in school, at work, or in your relationships?
- Have you ever experienced blackouts while drinking and/or using drugs?
- Do you hide or lie about the extent of your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever used alcohol and/or drugs in situations in which it could be dangerous (such as drinking and driving)?
- Have you noticed yourself needing larger amounts of alcohol and/or drugs to achieve your desired effect?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you unsuccessfully tried to quit drinking or using before?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, we encourage you to learn more about how substance use may be negatively impacting your well-being. Jag Intervention & Recovery provides services to support USA students in their efforts to explore their relationship with substance use and make healthy lifestyle changes. If you think you may need help, please give us a call at (251) 460-7051.