Build human capital by allowing the CCE to leverage University knowledge and resources to strengthen business and organizational capacity.
For the organization with a group of individuals to be trained, we provide customized programs in communications, computer applications, management and leadership that focus on company-specific problems and issues. These programs bring instruction to your site at a time that is compatible with your business cycle. And, our custom training options are more cost-effective than sending personnel off-site for workforce development.
Sample Training Modules
Contact us for a customized training quote today!
The Center for Continuing Education’s computer instructors can provide instruction on any aspect of Excel. This proposal covers two six hour classes but the client can configure the standard* content to suit their needs. Typical courses include:
Excel Basic: This course will teach students the basic functions and features of Excel 2016. Students will learn how to enter and edit text, values, and formulas as well as how to save workbooks in various formats. Additionally, students will learn how to move and copy data and work with ranges, rows and columns. The course also covers simple functions, basic formatting techniques, and printing. Students will create and modify charts and learn how to manage Excel workbooks with multiple pages.
Excel Intermediate: The Excel 2016 Intermediate will teach students how to work with large worksheets and use multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently. It will introduce them to more advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks. In addition, students will learn how to create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names. They will sort and filter data, and create and format tables.
Excel Advanced: In Excel 2016 Advanced students will further build on the skills learned in previous courses. They will work with advanced functions and formulas, as well as lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX. In addition, students will learn about data validation, and will use advanced data filtering. They will apply advanced chart formatting options, and create more complex charts. They will work with PivotTables and PivotCharts, export and import data, and query external databases. Students will learn about the analytical features of Excel, such as Goal Seek, and how to create scenarios. Finally, they will run and record macros, and explore VBA code
* Standard content refers to the material normally covered in the Center’s existing Excel course materials. Client may also request a custom course with custom materials but the fees will vary depending on factors such as the course preparation time.
With this course you gain an understanding of the process of grant funding and the steps necessary to increasing your chances of award. Participants will learn key concepts of the grant proposal process including pre-proposal work, planning and program development, proposal writing and development, and grant management. Class will cover:
- How and where to gather information on grants
- Understanding grant guidelines
- Identifying and cultivating partners or contributors to your grant
- Assessing resources needed, both human and operational, for your specific grant
- Projecting a budget for the entire project
- How to justify the need for the grant
- Discussion on how to manage your grant once you are approved
Most managers know their organization's business and can handle the industry-specific hurdles of their jobs. However, many simply aren't trained to manage the inevitable legal issues associated with their positions. This course helps managers understand the scope of liability in some of the most common legal pitfalls of the employment relationship in today's workplace. Participants will learn as they take part in cases analysis and scenarios designed to build confidence in their ability to act responsibly as an agent of their employer. Knowledge and skills gained will equip managers with "prevention strategies" to minimize disruption to productivity and morale for their subordinates.
At the end of this workshop, participants will learn the following:
- Understanding legal aspects of workplace policies and practices
- Avoiding pitfalls in administering the disciplinary system
- Investigating and documenting claims of misconduct
- Developing an awareness of employment discrimination and harassment issue
- Understanding employee privacy and confidentiality concerns
An advanced course is also available.