B.Sc., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
M.A., University of British Columbia
Ph.D., University of British Columbia
German Jews and the Press: Interactions and Influence during the Nineteenth Century (manuscript in progress, under contract with University of Toronto Press)
David A. Meola, ed. A History of Genocide, Volume 4: The Long Nineteenth Century, series editor Paul Bartrop. (forthcoming London: Bloomsbury Press. 2020)See More
Articles and Chapters
“‘Revolutionary Behavior’ - How German Jews became Masters of Their Own Domain, 1750-1850”, Eighteenth Century Thought, Volume 6 (2016), 171-203.
“German Jews and the Local German Press: The Jewish Struggle for Acceptance in Constance, 1846”, Leo Baeck Institute Yearbook, Volume LIX (2014), 59-72
“A Sign of the Times: Baden and the Shift of the Allgemeine Zeitung des Judenthums over its First Ten Years, 1837-1846.” Michael Nagel and Susanne Marten-Finnis, eds. The PRESSA, International Press Exhibition in Cologne 1928, and the Jewish Contribution to Modern Journalism. Volume 2. Bremen: edition lumière. 435-453
- HY 102 Western Civilization II
- HY 347 The Holocaust
- HY 382 (W) - Jewish Americans and Modern American Culture
- HY 390 Jewish Influence on 20th Century American Culture
- HY 390 The Integration Conundrum: Jews and "The West"
- HY 390 - Central European History: from Luther to Bismarck
- JHS 101 - Introduction to Jewish and Holocaust Studies