Mrs. Megan S. Sparks joined the faculty in August of 2007 and is a senior instructor in the department of communication. She teaches public speaking, PR Principles, Advertising Principles, Strategic Writing, First Year Experience and coordinates the department’s internship program. Prior to teaching, Megan managed the public relations and marketing of a law firm with offices throughout Alabama. Currently, she serves on the university’s Convocation Committee, the department’s Accreditation and Assessment Committee, the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, the Undergraduate Studies Committee, and the Graduate Recognition and Awards Ceremony (chair). She also regularly advises students and has been an academic coach. Megan earned a B.A. in communication with a concentration in public relations and a M.A. in public and corporate communication from the University of South Alabama.
- Wilson, J., Sparks, M. S., & Taylor, A. D. (2014). Public speaking for success (Third Ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Wilson, J., Sparks, M. S., & Taylor, A. D. (2013). Public speaking for success (2nd Ed). New York, New York: Pearson.
- Wilson, J., Sparks, M. S., & Taylor, A. D. (2012). Public speaking for success. New York, New York: Pearson.
Academic Conference Presentations
- Dempsey, J., Lewis, J., Mattson, S., & Sparks, M. (2015). Designing courses for active learning. Panel presented at the Conference of Teaching and Learning in Mobile, AL, May 11-12.
- Anderson, M.L., Bailey, S.B., Foutz, B., & Sparks, M. (2015). Critically crafting your course with TED: using TED talks to enhance course content. Panel presented at the annual meeting of the Southern States Communication Association (SSCA) in Tampa, FL, April 8-11
For more publications by Mrs. Sparks, please see her CV.
- CAS 100 College of Arts and Sciences First Year Experience
- CA 110 Public Speaking
- CA 110-H Honors Public Speaking
- APR 221 Advertising Principles
- APR 224 Public Relations Principles
- APR 324 Strategic Writing (W)
- CA 496 Undergraduate Internships