Registration: Registering for Classes
- Go to http://paws.southalabama.edu.
- Click Enter Secure Area, and then login. (See Logging into PAWS if you need information about your login).
- Click Student Services & Financial Aid.
- Click Registration.
- Click Add/Drop Classes. The Select Term page will open up.
- Select the appropriate term from the drop down menu, and then click the Submit button. The Add/Drop Classes page will open. Maximize Your Potential
South Scheduler (also called Visual Schedule Builder) is an additional tool to assist students in planning their academic schedule.
Late Registration and Drop/Add begins the first day of the semester at 9:00 a.m. and ends the third day of the semester at 5:59 p.m. Late Registration & Drop/Add are the last opportunities to add a course, to change a course status to audit, or to drop courses without them remaining on your academic record. You are responsible for confirming the accuracy of your class schedule, so be sure to check it and make any necessary adjustments before the end of Late Registration & Drop/Add. If you have questions about your class schedule, contact the Office of the Registrar. During Late Registration and Drop/Add, students may add and drop courses, drop all courses to cancel a registration, and change courses to audit status. Certain fees may be non-refundable at this time (see the Office of Student Accounting Website for refund information).
- Late Registration - All eligible students who have not yet registered may register during Late Registration and Drop/Add. This is considered a Late Registration and a $50 Late Registration Fee will be assessed to these students' accounts.
- Drop/Add - All registered students can adjust their schedules during Late Registration and Drop/Add. Students who were already registered before the first day of the semester will not be assessed the $50 Late Registration Fee.