Whether you have just purchased a camera and want to learn how to use it or wishing to learn more advanced camera skills, the Photography Certificate Program is designed for anyone who appreciates "writing with light."
USA's Photography Certificate Program teaches the essential skills needed to develop or enhance your photography skills in both foundational areas and areas of your interest. The program provides training in several areas of photography including:
- Camera use
- Flash techniques
- Long exposure
- Location based photography
- Studio and natural lighting
- Image editing software
- Small business skills specifically for photographers
Take a couple of classes or gain a certificate. The choice is yours! All beginning students must start with Digital I and Digital II to gain a good foundation in the art of photography.
- Complete four required courses and a portfolio review:
- Digital I
- Digital II
- Photoshop or Lightroom
- Studio Lighting
- Complete 42 hours of combined electives
- Complete a portfolio review
- Complete coursework within three years
- Submit the non-refundable certificate fee
Photography courses are routinely added to course offerings. There will be an opportunity once per year for students who have completed the program to show their work in a photography exhibition.
Join Walter Bower on your journey of writing with light with the Camera, Light, Film and Digital I class. As a professional photographer, Walter has been a cornerstone instructor of this program for over 20 years.