Pavica Sheldon, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Louisiana State University, May 2010
Major: Communication Studies; Minor: Mass Communication
Dissertation: Similarities and differences in self-disclosure and friendship development between fact-to-face communication and Facebook (Advisor: Dr. James M. Honeycutt)
M.M.C. Louisiana State University, May 2006
Major: Mass Communication (Advertising and Public Relations)
B.A. University of Zagreb, Croatia, September 2003
Dr. Pavica Sheldon received her Ph.D. in Communication Studies from Louisiana State
University, and currently serves as a Professor in the Department of Communication
at the University of South Alabama. Dr. Sheldon is an author of three books and over
articles and book chapters, studying the uses and gratifications of social media, and how people communicate forgiveness in interpersonal relationships. She teaches classes in interpersonal and mass communication.
Uses and gratifications of social media, media psychology, forgiveness in interpersonal relationships
- Sheldon, P., Antony, M. G., Charoensap-Kelly, P., Morgan, S., & Weldon, L. (2021).
Media and interpersonal channels uses and preferences during the COVID-19 pandemic:
the case of
the United States, Thailand, and Croatia. Heliyon, 7(7). doi:10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e07555
- Sheldon, P., Antony, M. G., & Sealy, M. K. (2021). Thou shalt forgive thy friend:
How religion influences forgiveness among friends. Journal of Communication and Religion,
- Sheldon, P., Antony, M. G., & Ware, L. J. (2021). Baby Boomers’ use of Facebook and Instagram: Uses and gratifications and contextual age indicators. Heliyon, 7(4).
- Sheldon, P., Antony, M. G., & Sykes, B. (2021). Predictors of problematic social
Personality and life-position indicators. Psychological Reports, 124, 1110-1133.
- Sheldon, P., Herzfeldt, E., & Rauschnabel, P. (2020). Culture and social media:
The relationship between cultural values and hashtagging styles. Behaviour & Information
Technology, 39, 758-770.
- CA 100 Introduction to Communication
- CA 300 Fundamentals of Communication Research
- CA 502 Communication Theory
- CA 511 Foundations in Relational Communications