All students in the College of Education and Professional Studies are required to purchase LiveText, which is a learning outcomes assessment system.
While meeting accreditation standards, the ultimate goal of the College’s assessment system is to ensure that we provide our students with a high quality educational experience whereby graduates will be positioned to succeed as future educators.
Purchasing a LiveText Key Code
- Students can purchase a LiveText Key Code on the USA Bookstore website for a 3-year term license using credit/debit card, financial aid, or scholarship funds: http://usabooks.collegestoreonline.com/.
- If using a credit/debit card, students can purchase a LiveText Key Code for a 3-year term at a discount price on LiveText’s website: https://www.regonline.com/usa3yearFEM
- Click on Register, then on Purchase Membership.
Registering a LiveText Account
- Go to www.livetext.com and click on Register.
- Choose your role.
- Enter the 16-character key code that was emailed to you after you purchased your LiveText license.
- Register Your Student Membership. Please complete your profile to the best of your ability. Name, Date of Birth, and Jagmail and personal email addresses are required fields. Enter your Jagmail as the primary address.
- Create Your LiveText Membership Account. You will be prompted to create a unique username and password. When creating a username, the name will be compared to all LiveText users. If you receive the message “Username is already taken,” you will have to modify your username.
- Select a security question from the dropdown menu. This may be used in the username/password recovery process.
- Select the Terms of Service check box and Click on Register My Membership Account to complete the registration process.
- After successfully completing the registration process, LiveText will display a screen with your newly created username and password. Your login information will also be sent to the personal email address provided during account registration.
NOTE: Your LiveText account will be integrated into the Sakai Learning Management System (LMS) with a single-sign-on protocol. Once you log into your Sakai course, as a registered LiveText user, you will be able to go directly to your LiveText account by simply clicking the LiveText link on your left side Course Tools menu in your online courses.