Office of Faculty Affairs
The Office of Faculty Affairs provides support for all issues related to College of Medicine faculty, including faculty appointments and promotions, as well as new faculty orientations and faculty development programs. The Office provides support for the Faculty Committee on Appointments, Promotions and Evaluations (FCAPE), and maintains current resources and policies for the appointment and promotion processes. The Office also coordinates with the University Office of Postdoctoral Education re appointments for postdoctoral fellows.
- Annual Report 2019-2020 [PDF]
- COM Committee Rosters 2021-2022 [PDF]
- Guide to Development of an Educator's Portfolio [PDF]
- Guide to Development of a Clinician's Portfolio [PDF]
- USA Faculty Handbook
- Guidelines and Policies Relating to Faculty Appointments, Promotions and Tenure (Updated 07/31/19)
- College of Medicine Bylaws
- COM Emeritus Professor Guidelines (Updated 09/01/20)
Applying for Emeritus Professor is a once a year opportunity and any packets for review should be submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs by Oct. 1. Please review guidelines and procedures for becoming an Emeritus Professor in the Faculty Handbook under section 3.3.5 (page 65).
The University of South Alabama and the USA HealthCare Management, LLC, are Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employers and adhere to the same University policy. The University’s policy is to affirm and dedicate itself to a primary principle of non-discrimination in such activities as employment, recruitment, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, age or genetic information, disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, newly separated veteran or other protected veteran status. Further, no otherwise qualified person with a disability, solely on the basis of such disability, will be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination in the administration of any educational program or activity, including admission or access thereto, or in treatment of employment there in by the University of South Alabama. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please notify the Manager, Equal Employment Opportunity, or the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources.
EO/AA Employer – minorities/females/veterans/disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- COM Faculty Affairs System details open positions, applications, leave, and departures (Computer must be on a USA network to access site.)
- College of Medicine Faculty Affairs System Instructions [PDF]
- Authorization for Faculty Recruitment (Updated 4/2021) [PDF]
- Clinical Offer Template [PDF]
- Basic Sciences Non-Tenure Offer Template [PDF]
- Basic Sciences Tenure Accruing Offer Template [PDF]
- Faculty Action Request Form (Updated 6/2021) [PDF]
- Background Investigation Form (Basic Science Departments only) [PDF]
- USA Health Physician Recruitment and Onboarding Checklist [PDF]
- USA Health Paid Adjunct Onboarding Checklist [PDF]
- USA Basic Science Recruitment and Onboarding Checklist [PDF]
Faculty Affairs Staff Members:
Emily Wilson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development
Director, Office of Faculty Affairs
Faculty Records Specialist, Office of Faculty Affairs
For Verification of Academic Appointments:
Phone: (251) 460-6832
For Verification of Physician Credentials:
Phone: (251) 470-5841